Guide to Skywatching & Astronomy in Ireland
Data also useful for the UK & some of Europe

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Partial Lunar Eclipse 26th June

First Lunar eclipse of the year - On June 26th, a partial Lunar Eclipse seen from Eastern Asia, Australia, Pacific Ocean & Western America at 11:38 (UT). The maximum eclipse was 54% approx. There are a few vids out there, but all the ones I've seen are animations of the projected eclipse. I'll be in France at this time (all going well and I won't be able to see it from there!) I'll check youtube for any footage of it afterwards... i'm looking forward to winter solstice this year as we will be able to a total lunar eclipse from here (Ireland) if I'm here... It will be seen from Asia, Australia, Pacific ocean, America & all of Europe, so chances are I may see it?? 8:16am in the morning, so here's hoping for clear skies that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment